Erectile Dysfunction- It is one of the least talked about but most worried about afflictions that haunt men worldwide. Most men prefer to suffer in silence than seek professional medical help to overcome this horrendous situation effectively. The most used excuse such men give is the lack of health centers specializing in treatments for sexual disorders. Residents in Florida, however, need not lose hope as they can find the best ED treatment in Miami.
Why is sex so very important?
It might seem trivial to some, but a failure in bed can cause a lot of problems. According to a recent article in the UK’s newspaper portal www.mirror.co.uk, several benefits were associated with maintaining a healthy sex life.
Some of these benefits are briefly outlined below:
- An active sex life can take many years off a person’s actual age. Recent studies have shown that older men and women, who indulged in sex, looked at least 5 years younger. And experts say it has nothing to do with the number of times the couple engage in sex, rather the importance lay in the quality of the love-making.
- If you want to live longer, have sex on a regular basis. A recent study that was undertaken in Australia found that people who indulged in regular and satisfactory sex had a 50% chance of living longer.
- It’s a known fact that sex is probably one of the best enjoyed exercises of all time, which is probably how several sexually active fitness freaks have given it the name sexercise. But jokes aside, sex can indeed burn away all those nasty and unwanted calories.
- Regular and satisfactory sex is the panacea for all sorts of emotional distress. Sexual activity triggers the release of the hormone Serotonin, which is the body’s mood elevator. This helps to relieve mental stress and combats the effects of depression and mental fatigue.
- Heightens the individual’s feeling of self-esteem and confidence.
It’s the last point that really gets lost for those who suffer from the effects of erectile dysfunction.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is also known as impotence. ED is a condition where the men are unable to get and maintain an erection of the male sexual organ called the penis. Contrary to popular belief, ED is a common condition, especially in men under the age group of 40 to 80.
If you or anyone man you know suffers from Erectile Dysfunction, do not become overly worried. There are many treatments now that can effectively tackle this problem. The treatment can only begin once the underlying cause is found out. The causes for ED could either be physical or psychological. Ailments like atherosclerosis, hormonal changes, hypertension, etc. could trigger erectile dysfunction. Even anxiety and problems in the relationship with the sexual partner could lead to ED.
ED suffers ought to really not lose hope. Many men have been able to regain their sexual prowess after successfully getting treated. So, seek professional help as soon as possible.